Will The US Dollar Collapse?

Jshubin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I live in a rural suburb area (not even close to paid off lol), but it would be nice to own land in different regions of the country for those geopolitical or natural disasters mentioned above...
In recession type of situation, having an alternate paid off (or cheaper) piece of land with a mobile or house on it would be a nice get away in case you lose your main home due to economic losses. In most cases this 2nd property would be further from civilization for the benefit of cost, extra land and potential security.

But depending on how desperate things get, its hard to say if the title in your hand is worth anything. In SHTF scenario the owner may be whom ever is occupying the house with protection... Your second property may be occupied by squatter if left unattended.

Having good connections with Family could save you the cost of owning second properties. I have family about 4 hours from me, with enough acres of farm to feed a small town.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My grandparents talked about how their cousins in town almost starved while they ate great.
A friend of mine was raised on a farm in Arkansas during the depression. Everyone was poor. They always had to plenty to eat because they raised vegetables, had a milk cow and pigs. They raised cotton and corn for cash crops and farmed with mules. Her mother canned vegetables and fruits in quart jars that lined the wall in the basement which also doubled as a root cellar. In town was another matter. She had a friend that invited her to spend the night and she still remembers there was practically nothing to eat. Another girl stole her lunch at school because she was hungry.

So if hard times come, at least we can have something to eat. At least we'll have something to trade or sell. So bleak though it might sound, we will be waaaaay ahead of people living in towns or people that have no idea where real food comes from.