winter: ice-cream season!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
We've been below 0 F since, I dunno, probably Friday afternoon. Although caught a bit of luck last night, high clouds moved in at bedtime so temps bottomed out then at -31 C (= -23 F) and have been slowly rising. Right now it is a toasty -20 C (= -4) and supposed to be really quite warm, in the Farenheit teens and twenties, for the rest of the week.

BTW the plum jam turned out not to be as syrupy as I thought (either I misremenbered how bad it was, or it set up slowly in the jar, or more likely both) so I combined a jar of the jam with an approximately equal amount of cream and made VERY GOOD (if much sweeter than usual) plum ice cream.

I should get one last batch in before it gets too warm, will try a can of coconut milk :)

Pat

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
MsPony said:
Ice cream season?! Yes, yes in this high 70s weather I could use a bowl.

;)
:smack

Below 0* here...
:gig

I could never live in the cold/snow again, you guys are my heros!!

My plum tree should come back this year, ill have to try that plum ice cream...

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Mmmmm....Great thread! I need to make up my frozen black raspberry and blackberry juice into jelly/jam soon. I'll save some for sherbet or icecream!! I have about 10 gallons of berries (plus cherries, strawberries and other fruit), so this would be a great kid-friendly way to start cranking through it! Thanks for the idea :)