me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Hamburgers to top with the last of this year's ripe tomatoes and fresh lettuce, onions :) Plus a ginormous salad like we've been having every meal since we have gorgeous cabbage, spinach and lettuce right now! Also some green beans, as the plants have now died back and we still have about 5 lb left in the fridge.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
eating up the last of Monday's dinner-roasted venison roast shredded in the brown gravy with mushrooms and onions over real mashed potatoes and slopping up everything with a toasted dinner roll(also home made). Hub's has been home this week fixing the house.. gives me a chance to make good dinners again.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was off today and got some soup bones out of the freezer from a grass fed calf we bought from a friend of mine. I boiled them for 2-3 hours. I spooned the marrow out, shredded the meat and gave the bones to the dogs. The Lab is sleeping now with the "stash" of bones he gathered from the other 2 dogs, LOL. I cut up potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. It was sooooooooo good. The broth was awesome.

We often have breakfast for dinner. Omlettes, bacon and eggs, scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast........mmmmmm.

A real quick and easy meal for the I-worked-my-tail-off-and-I'm-starving-but-don't-wanna-be-a-slave-to-the-stove is pizza. Take a flour tortilla, spread
spoonful or 2 of spaghetti sauce, pepperoni or sausage or whatever, veggies, sliced cheese. Put on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. They are good, quick and easy to make.

I can reccomend Anasazi beans. They cook faster than pintos and have a great flavor. If you can't find them in your grocery store:

http://www.anasazibeans.com/

http://www.purcellmountainfarms.com/Anasazi Beans.htm

Fried sweet potatoes: peel, slice about 1/4" and put in a Iron skillet with 1/2 stick of melted butter on low/med heat. Cover until tender. Take the cover off, turn up the heat and brown. Put the slices on a plate and sprinkle with sugar. A Southern Yummy!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Homemade macaroni and cheese with pickled beets on the side. I used whole wheat shells, and for the sauce I cooked up a bunch of bacon and crumbled it, used the fat with flour for the sauce and added sharp cheddar. Then I added a couple of heaping tablespoons of powdered kale to up the nutrition, mixed it all up and baked in the oven.

Latest posts