12-21-2012 Mayan Calendar :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have read extensively about the Mayan calendar and phrophesies of impending doom. I agree these ancient people were highly intelligent and way ahead of their time. I have my own theory of why they chose 2012 for the end of their calendar. It is quite simple. The ancient Mayans didn't have computers that can record documents into infinity. Nor did they have a copy machine spitting out reams of paper in an endless supply. What they had was rock. Rock that was chisled out with tedious precision. The 1st calendar crafted by the learned Mayan astrologers went to the year 2012 and subsequent astrologers followed suit. The first calendar stopped at 12-21-2012 because they ran out of space on their rock. They simply ran out of rock. :lol: :lol: :gig:gig :lol: :gig

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I figure it was one REALLY obsessed guy. Then he fell in a ditch or something on his way to chisel one day and died. :p

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Both of those theories make more sense than anything else I've heard about 2012!

;)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For people who had no copy machines and calculators they manganged of create a more accurate calendar that the one we use today.

If you understood their calendar you would be awe, not mocking.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
he ran out of rocks or he was eaten by his own people-----hmmm...I think he was eaten then thrown into a big pit

mocking is fun :p :p

can ya imagine the stuff they would predict IF THEY had computers :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It is a good thing that they didn't!

They would have just played on line farm games or chatted on some forum instead of doing their math homework. Instead of developing calendars and charting the heavens, it would have held them back and they would have invented nothing at all. :p