pinto8.jpg

pinto9.jpg

pinto9.jpg

pinto4.jpg

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
A true vehicular beast. :p Does it still run, or is that what makes it a project car? :)
It still runs...I drove it home yesterday and to Church today.....the project is getting it back to "SHOW ROOM" condition or "HOT ROD" havent decided what we are going to do yet

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep - definititely a project

Tires and backseat look pretty good

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How fun is this! :lol:
Are you going to do the work yourself, have help or what? DH has been in the automotive world since dirt was invented.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Pinto go BOOM!

I remember these quite well from my teenage years. There was a lot of controversy about the Pinto's design allowing its fuel tank filler neck to break off and the fuel tank to be punctured in a rear-end collision, resulting in fires. Later, an extensive study claimed that the "defect" was entirely overblown.

It looks like it would be a fun project, and that 2.3L engine will probably be great on gas.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Marianne said:
How fun is this! :lol:
Are you going to do the work yourself, have help or what? DH has been in the automotive world since dirt was invented.
planning on doing MOST of the work ourselves however some of it will have to be done professionally(upholstery and painting only we will do the body work.) dang DH is older than me then .....

yes KOXX,I remember the BOOM theory,however it was mostly the sedan/runabout models and mostly in rear end collisions,very seldom in the wagon models

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
My DH says go for showroom, not hotrod... it will have more shock value, lol
Yes, but only if you can get an 8-track player and a KC & the Sunshine Band tape for it

Or is that only if you have a Duster?

Latest posts