2,4-D Temp Limitations

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've never heard of any temp limitations with 24d. my father in law usually mixes it with round up and adds a sticky additive and sprays fields with it all the time.
just know that it sticks around a while. in the soil, in the hay, even in the manure after the hay has been eaten and it will poison a garden for a long time

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've never heard of any temp limitations with 24d. my father in law usually mixes it with round up and adds a sticky additive and sprays fields with it all the time.
just know that it sticks around a while. in the soil, in the hay, even in the manure after the hay has been eaten and it will poison a garden for a long time
Yeah, I saw the application restrictions on amount per year were pretty hard.

This is more for my prairie and yard and not near my garden. I'm too "organic" to spray stuff like that right in or near my garden. I spend may and June pulling all the thistle by hand before resorting to any chems.

Mini Horses

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What is important is that you use no manure, hay from sprayed areas on your garden, also. That chemical is in those items......believe me, will still affect the gardens.

I would spot spray the thistle, not use on entire field. But, that's me. Roundup....stopped that stuff over 20 yrs ago. If living in the concrete jungle it's more tolerable but, if you have animals -- now or later -- it's a real problem that you can't imagine until it happens.

Can you burn the thistle out? Just asking -- LOL. I don't have it here so am fortunate to not need a solution. Sounds like you have a large amount, well established, too.