2 new additions to our family

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks Quail, when he picks one up it just settles into his arms & lays there nicely & quietly. The lady had the Mille's too, but he choose the porcelain.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
MorelCabin said:
I've never seen d'uccles, are they pretty? Pics please!
*gasp* Then you haven't looked at all my pictures on my journal!! I have Mille Fleur d'Uccles.

Porcelain d'Uccles are on my list of wants. The d'Uccles are soooo friendly. Your son will love them!

Congrats to the new additions!!
Ooops, I got caught...but I have seen all the ferret pics and the goats...how did I miss the d'uccles???? I guess I better be a better friend in the future huh? I'm missing things I shouldn't be :hide
Yea well, they are at the beginning of my journal so ya might have forgot...so you're forgiven. :D

Homesteadmom, I hope you son really enjoys them! I am jealous that he can hold his! Mine are pretty flighty right now as I haven't handled them too much.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit so I could harrass Morel :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
No problem on the hijack, His are still kind of flighty, but he is working on holding them every day so they are becoming a little more domesticated. I had never heard of this breed before, I think they are very pretty, but i thought the Mille's were a little more pretty because their colors are brighter & not quite as subdued as the porcelain's colors are.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Forgot to ask those of you who raise banty's, do you eat the eggs too? I know it sounds stupid but just curious since the eggs seem so small, compared to my other hens eggs.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Actually, yes. About 20 of them makes a nice batch of scrambled eggs LOL But, I have found that 2 of them fried works great for my 3 year old. He can't seem to seem to eat two standard eggs, but does 2 bantam eggs just fine. He thinks he's getting the same as everyone else this way, and no waste! :D

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My 2 1/2 yr old loves fried eggs & she can eat 2 full size ones. I wondered if you needed to use a little bit more than full size, I guess that was more my question than anything else. Thanks!