2 New Cats - And guess what I got in exchange for eggs!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, today our 2 extra cats came from the Toronto Humane Society to spend the rest of their lives as mousers here. We got a cute little black cat female, and a calico. Both are fairly approachable unlike Spots and Smokey, so now we need names. Lets go with some HP inspired names. Names off limits are Luna, Ginny, Accio, Narcissa (Cissy), and Hermione.

I was thinking of Cruickshanks for the calico because she has a lot of orange on her.

Also!! I went over to my old law teachers house today (he lives around the block) to take some eggs and tomatos/peppers from the garden to him and his wife. They were rather thankful, they had come by (not knowing it was our house with the eggs) but we weren't home at the time. He sent me home with a bottle of maple syrup from this springs tapping! I can't wait, we're going to have pancakes tomorrow night for supper to try it out. It smells absolutely divine.

I also canned some spaghetti sauce last night, unfortunately I ran out of small bottles and I need a larger water bath canner for the litre bottles. I'm using up the extra of what I couldn't bottle last night, tonight, we're having spaghetti and it smells great.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I love maple syrup!! I have not had it fresh though, I'll bet it is to die for!!

Sorry I'm not current on HP, so I can't think of any other than "Bottle brush" didn't the orange kitty have a bottle brush tail?

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, Cruickshanks had a bottle brush tail. Our girl hasn't got one, she's a shorthair and her tail has a bit lopped off the end of it!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am drooling over the thought of maple syrup! That is a great trade.

For the kitties, how about Minerva and Molly? Although you may want to save Minerva for a cat with spectacle-like markings. :)

My friend has a bunny named Nymphadora Tonks and it is adorable!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aww, Tamlynn I like those names! ... Minerva would be good for the black cat because of the witch association with it and her being a black cat. I have yet to see a cat with spectacle type markings! Ohhh but how cool they would be! ... My housecat (and house mouser) is named Accio, the horse is Luna (and if she showed, she'd be showed under Luna Lovegood), goats are Narcissa and Hermione...

We are Lupin Farm after all :D, although we have a lot of Lupin flowers here, it is also in part in memorium of Remus Lupin LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Remus Lupin was my favorite character!!!!!!

Hmmm I'm thinking.... how about Lily? Wasn't that Harry's mom's name? (It's been awhile since I've read the books!)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I vote Swish and Flick!!! My little ones favorite line! Swish would obviously be the one with the tail!

Great score on the syrup. I had to cut real syrup out of my budget last year. I am so jealous!!

:)