2000K rent!!!!!!!! some one slap me! Beekissed where are you!!!!!!!!

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just ran across an old friend and they are paying $1800 a month plus taxes $200 a month. thats 2000k a month on a 3 car 3 bed, 2 bath 1/2 acre lot house. they think they are living the good life! Someone PLEASE slap me! I am dreamin ........ right?........

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
opiemaster said:
I just ran across an old friend and they are paying $1800 a month plus taxes $200 a month. thats 2000k a month on a 3 car 3 bed, 2 bath 1/2 acre lot house. they think they are living the good life! Someone PLEASE slap me! I am dreamin ........ right?........
:smack :D

I've heard of much, much more money for much, much less house! :rolleyes:

Fools gotta live somewhere too! :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I guess its worth the money to them, to live where they want to live...but, by golly, if I'm paying that much money, it better be in the Caribbean.....on the beach....in a beautiful, airy villa....with a servant to do the cooking, cleaning and to serve me fruity little drinks....and Sam Elliott in the chaise right next to me! :D :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey opie
depending on where they live, that might be a good price...LOL

I know, I know, I WOULD NEVER pay that.

those are the payments where people real fast can't afford to live if one loses a job or some financial burden hits.

let's see, rent at 1/2 the price, means $1000 in the bank each month, so $12,000 in the bank each year. I would rather have less rent and a bank account..HA HA

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Well as bad as 2000 a month sounds even here in poor ole Mississippi apartment rent starts at 500 a month for a 1 bedroom. To get a house you are going to pay anywhere from 500 for a really bad house in a horrible neighborhood) to 2000 for a decent house. The further away you get from the city rent goes down. But most people don't want to make the long drives.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:th $2000.00 a month...thats just about what we MAKE a month. Im with Bee....for that, I better have servants!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I had friends who were paying that to live in Manhattan right after we got out of college. I was speechless when they told me. That was the late 80s. My mortgage is less than half that!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My boy recently moved out to podunk Wyoming to work the oil fields....the cheapest sleeping room he could find~sleeping room,mind you~was $600 per month! Supply and demand, folks, supply and demand!

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would only pay that for a house we bought not renting. That sounds like a lot of $. We bought our house this summer and I love having a place to call my own..no more rent..yes mortage but its OURS!