2009 Shelled Pecans For Sale

backyardlivin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We are well underway with our pecan harvest. We are selling shelled pecans for $5.00 a pound plus actual shipping to you. If interested please PM us and include your zipcode so we can give you a total with shipping. We accept PayPal and USPS money orders.

Thanks and God Bless,
jeff

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
How "natural" are they? What kind of spraying and chemicals do you use in growing them? I know a bit of stuff is probably needed to grow nuts that aren't wormy, so educate me!

Can I get some raw?

(I'm allergic myself, but would love to make a nice pecan pie for my folks, who will be moving in with us in a couple of weeks....)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I bought some UNSHELLED last year. I will never do THAT again! LOL How much to ship 2 lbs to 80911?

backyardlivin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
freemotion,

we don't do any spraying or anything to our trees... i just bought the place 2 years ago, so before that i don't know, but the previous owners were really old so i don't figure they did anything either. as far as the good pecans go, we seperate any bad pecans and feed them to our giant flock of chickens( they like a treat now and then). so, i hope this helped you out in making a decision. also, the pecans are REALLY good this year.

wifezilla- i sent you a PM with a price quote.

thanks and God Bless

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My parents NEVER sprayed their pecan grove and always had great results every year. The people that did spray had hit and miss results...go figure.

The only worms they had were in the hulls (is that what the outer shell is called?), rare to never INSIDE the shell. They sold them to Blue Bell creamery every year when I was young.

Pecans YUM!!!!!! Hope you sell every last one of them Jeff! What varieties do you have? (Paper shell, native etc.)

backyardlivin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for all of the PM's.... all have been returned. we still have plenty left.

thanks and God Bless,
jeff

NurseNettie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Check your PM's and Paypal- can't wait to taste them!!

Now... does anyone know where I can get fresh peanuts??????????

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I get a big box of raw in-shell peanuts to can up for boiled peanuts from Bertie County Peanuts. Look under "best bulk buys" or something like that!

backyardlivin, I still have to order my pecans....be patient, I have some major life happening this week and it is ending up on the bottom of my list....of course, checking the forum is my best escape.... :p

backyardlivin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
no problem, i found out today that i have to have a knee replacement on dec. 23rd, so i understand what you mean. don't worry though we can still ship out pecans if you get ready.