2022 Resolutions List

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Anyone interested in posting a list of goals for 2022? Sometimes it helps to have them publicly posted for self accountability.

Had a lot of thinking time on the road the past week and I realize I need to keep my feet to the fire.

Keep them SMART
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant and
Time bound

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I will post individual goals.

Goal #1
Get the spare bedroom cleaned out. It became the dumping ground for holiday packages and the results of other sorting activities.
Complete by end of January, only items remaining should be the medicine dresser, the cat carriers, litter box, and my volunteer gig admin stuff.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep--I will list mine.

*Transition to a 99% plant based diet (can't give up those eggs :lol:)
*Use less electricity-turn off lights, TVs, etc when we aren't needing them and cutting back time in general
*Plant 2 new vegetables, grain or herb
*Fix up second chicken coop, add a run and get 5 bantams
*Add 3 more chickens to large coop
*Read a book a month-fun or for learning
*No swearing

Here is the start of my list....

Edit--1 more: 6 months of canned (homemade) and freeze-dried foods

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You carried and birthed the babies and are the one who can feed them- keep being bad at it and let her change the diapers, she’ll feel more needed😉 (sorry for the unsolicited advice lol)
It is her most impressive talent. I find it very hot. LOL. But you’re right! It makes her feel very needed.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm a resolutions-type person. In 2021, I tried "no goals." Which was mostly great except it did not help me with health or fitness. Apparently I need goals in those areas.

1. I will do HIIT exercise every day for 4 weeks to increase mitochondria density. This should reduce fatigue. I plan to do this in the morning when I get home from dropping DS6 off at school, or at 9 a.m. on non-school days. If I miss my planned time, I will do it later in the day. I have 4 reserve days, which means that if I miss 4 days I will still consider this goal to be completed.
  2. I will use my bike for cardio conditioning every day from January - April. This will help me with heat acclimation and being fit enough for 4-H dog training group classes and for gardening. I have 32 reserve days. When I am successful using my bike every day in January (8 reserve days), I will reward myself with a bike computer that measures speed and distance.
  3. I will do moving meditation / yoga / stretching every evening. I will listen to podcasts while stretching as a reward. I have 104 reserve days.
  4. I will do a broth fast for 7 consecutive days. This intimidates me, so I've already started it to do it with @Trying2keepitReal I'm on Day 1.
  5. I will maintain a minimum of 18:6 time restricted feeding. I have 156 reserve days because I'm not feeling confident about this goal. I also made it 18:6 because of lack of confidence, even though I feel much better at 20:4 or 22:2.
  6. I will plan my meals 1 day in advance. This is my best strategy for maintaining dietary and fasting goals.

I want to obtain Fear Free certification(s). I've decided that running a business is not my thing, and I don't need income, so instead I will use my dog training skills in other ways to make my community better, such as volunteering at the local animal shelter and developing 4-H Dog Project curriculum.

Latest posts