2022 Resolutions List

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Attacked the garage a bit this morning, then the lawn chair called my name... 😀

Very frustrated the local jerks destroyed the cardboard recycling programs locally. Used the containers as trash/junk drop offs.

I have a "ton" of cardboard that would be awesome if I had my own property garden.

Oh well. One foot in front of the other

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Post canning declutter in progress. Canners and coolers put away, jars in the kitchen put up. Can actually start to see the kitchen floor again.

Considering vacuum sealing up all of the canning spices, since we don't use outside of canning. Thoughts?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The village is having our Fall cleanup day the 3rd week of October. Trash company will basically pick up everything, instead of just your single can contents. Need to take a good look at what can go

we can put out our trash once a week and include a few bulky items which they will tag and pick up using another truck sometime during the week.

often things like that which get put out will be picked up by scrappers or bargain fixup people who have the skills. i'm glad when that happens at least then there is a chance it will be reused or recycled.

the only thing i really wish they did do for recycling was have a drop off for small household appliances as we do have a drop off for a lot of other things except those. the other day we found an old knife sharpener and can opener in the back of the cupboard (i'd never seen it before in all the years i've been here). i took it aside because i have a knife that could use a bit of grinding and plugged it in the other day and when i hit the power switch it poofed and that was it for that. so out into the general trash it is going, but that means that all the metals inside or the copper in the cord will not be reused. :( we also tossed a small blender that was nearly as old as i am. we've not used it for many years as i have my stick blender i prefer to use instead.

space is at a premium here - the only reason both of these have been here so long is that they were in the very back corner of a deep cupboard. i knew the blender was there, but i didn't know about the knife sharpener as i'd have gotten that out before. i have a small paring knife that has a few chips in the blade edge and to get it smooth and right again i'll have to grind it down. :( now i need to find another way of doing that. a coarse grind stone would do it. or even a file. guess i'll have to get the files out... my knife sharpening stones aren't all that great. ...

Last edited:

Latest posts