FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Maybe maybe
20240408_113542.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it got a bit dark so i went out and checked out a few things. birdies were making evening noises. not completely dark at any time. looks like it is getting lighter again out there now.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This was an amazing, humbling, and joyful experience all around. The clouds thinned enough to have a marvelous viewing. We even got to witness the diamond ring effect.

The darkness was intense as totality passed over us.

So happy to share this with the wife as we sat in the front yard.

Hope some of you got to enjoy

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hope some of you got to enjoy
DH and I enjoyed it. We had 3.5 minutes of totality here. I’d say it got about as dark as dusk, like when the sun is set but you can still see to lock up the chickens.

Speaking of which, I was interested to see how they would act. I wondered if they would go to roost. But no, the switch from light to dark was too fast. They were just milling around in their run. I couldn’t see their pop door from where I was standing, so I don’t know if maybe they got locked out temporarily.

One thing that amazed DH and I was watching when the sun started to peek back out. It only took the tiniest sliver of sun to brighten everything up almost like full daylight. I guess we were expecting a gradual diminishing of the darkness.

There was applause and cheering from neighboring directions when totality hit. DH and I enjoyed it, but we both said we were glad we didn’t travel anywhere to see it.

269E9687-7708-49E6-96A1-8177FE97D374.jpeg

iPhone camera makes the photo darker than it really was. I had no trouble seeing the chickens in their run, but you can’t really make them out in the photo. But you can see that the sky wasn’t all the way dark.