3-2-1 Mug Cake Mix - What are your favorite flavors?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I made up some mix for when the grandkiddos were visiting. Used angel food and a yellow cake mix...but the things those kids thought of to put in there! Blueberries were a hit. Mini chocolate chips...marshmallows, mandarin oranges, strawberries...and of course plenty of whipped cream on top. They were a tiny bit disappointed at the portion size when they actually measured the ingredients - but they quickly figured out how to use HEAPING spoonfuls of the mix, lol.

chicken girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Just the other day, I tried a Yellow cake mix and plain angel food cake mix.

I added fresh, sweet cherries that I pitted and diced. About 2 tablespoons of cherries sprinkled on top before baking. I ended up with a really moist cake with warm cherries throughout.

If you have the cake decorating candies, you can also stir them into the cake for confetti cakes.
This would be awesome for my coworker, I'm going to get the 2 ingredients together in a mason jar with instructions for her! So she can keep it at work for her snack attacks... Thank you!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Why have I never heard of this????? Got to try. Showed it to hubby, along with all of the variations. And he said, "Why take something that's only 3 ingredients, and mess it up by adding extra stuff?"

Well... I'm glad that it can be made in individual servings. He'll get the 3 ingredients. Mean while, I will add extra stuff to my little heart's content!!! Shopping for cake mixes tomorrow after church!!!

Can you make 2 mugs-o-cake at the same time? Our microwave is only 700W.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a mix made with devils food chocolate cake mix in my desk at work. Sometimes I just need that hit of chocolate in the afternoon.
Since I went and picked cherries yesterday, I think I will dice up some of the cherries and put a little baggie of those in the freezer in the breakroom. Chocolate Cherry cake sounds like it would be good. Even better with a piece of Hershey's chocolate stuck in there for a lava cake - thanks @HomesteaderWife , I forgot all about the lava cake option, lol.