3 yr old throwing up

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Homemade bone broth. Homemade electrolyte mix, rather than Gatorade. I'll go get the recipe...

Here it is: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=132508#p132508
Thanks
I copied that one, I really don't like gatorade ;)
But sometimes it is nice to have the easy stuff around. We get the powdered stuff and use a lot more water.

With the recipe you posted, I'll make up large batches this summer and just keep it in the fridge.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I keep some of this stuff in the freezer. When you are sick, who feels like making stuff? I always have broth stored away just for this, and now I have the electrolyte mix in the freezer, too.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Peppermint is a natural anti nausea medicine. We used to keep candy canes around for when ever the kids got sick. The effect is two fold. First the peppermint settles the stomach and helps to rid the mouth of the bad taste and second (and this was why my hubby always pushed the peppermint) if they DO throw up some more the result smells like peppermint and is far easier to deal with if you have to clean it up! ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Peppermint is good! I would stay away from OJ until the puking is really over...that stuff is pretty acidic and burns like the dickens when it comes up! :barnie

The saltines are good and a little chicken broth is great....has the potassium and salt that she needs to replace some electrolytes.

As a nurse, we always advocate for clear liquids for 48 hours after a bout of nausea/vomiting/diarrhea. After that it doesn't hurt to give some yogurt to reculture the bowel but go slow with it.

This is going around the schools right now like wildfire...the annual spring fling! :p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Thanks everyone....she's feelin much better today! She slept a lot yesterday and laid around on the couch. By dinnertime she ate some steamed carrots and a little macaroni and cheese with chicken and broccoli. She is bouncing around like her old self this morning and I am really pushing the yogurt. She's wanted a lot of water so between that and the yogurt I'm hoping she's over it. Seems like it. Thank you so much for all the suggestions! Definitely gotta remember the candy cane one!