5 Water Storage Myths

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All of this bug out bags, grab and run....run to where? Do you have scenario #2, a safe place to run to, and what are your chances of getting there? Run? Nope. I figure I AM the place to run to. If my area was so bad that I couldn't stay here, I would die of starvation, thirst, exhaustion, and whatever else there is, so might as well just stay put. Joining throngs of zombies is not my idea of survival.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have wildfire to worry about every summer and very little we can do but bugout if it gets too close. The threats of earthquake and volcanic eruption are more distant, but we might have to bug out for them as well. Other threats I think we would be best off staying put.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get some life straws plus a portable family size water filter and this article keeps nagging at my thoughts. It's hard when you are poor.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get some life straws plus a portable family size water filter and this article keeps nagging at my thoughts. It's hard when you are poor.
Get the big coffee filters and use them to strain water. You could also build a sand strainer, using the sand to filter the water. Then boil it to kill germs. It would beat nothing.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just Googled "primitive ways to purify water" and found methods that cost nothing, close to nothing...using items you probably already have or can easily attain.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Straining and boiling was my backup plan but after reading this article I started worrying it wouldn't be enough.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you have a pond or simular body of water that is poisonous you can purify it With bentonite. the slip on the bottom will still be poisonous but the water will be pure Enough for your livestock or even you with a little more Purifying

Latest posts