1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Maple Sweet Potato Hash - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

50 Shocking Questions That You Should Ask To Anyone That Is Not

Discussion in 'Emergency Preparedness' started by baymule, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 2, 2013
    Dumbfarmhand

Dumbfarmhand Enjoys Recycling

Sorry - didn't mean to upset. It was my read on what modern media has turned us into - a quivering mass of fearful populace knowing of dangers that will never touch us. I think every generation has tried to be prepared for the worst, but over-preparing for what will never happen is what the merchants of fear pray on and that equals profit$.

I am not a troll here, but as a fellow American that is interested in survivability - from hurricanes, twisters, drought, environmental disasters - more of what 99.9% of us will see in our lifetime.

I respect all opinions and love the fact that my USMC Sgt. son fought to allow us to agree to disagree.

[P.s. - the "cheap" shot at Fox was based on my watching and comparing - it's biased to the GOP and is fear-based media. Just my opinion and does not mean it's the truth.:)]

2. Jun 2, 2013
    ~gd

~gd Lovin' The Homestead

KM Just when did "new and different" ideas become superior to old ideas that actually have been tried and are known to work? Marx may be dead but some of his ideas are widely accepted and applied world wide [including our own government] Did you mean Vladimir Ilyich Lenin? [getting your facts right is important too, I wish you had kept naming as you boosted you could 'Homey' (If you wonder about the it is a xymbol I use to indicate sarcasm it dates back with LOL or {;<)}
    BTW since you are a 2 month newby I expect a bunch of new and different ideas from you so where are they?

3. Jun 3, 2013
    Denim Deb

Denim Deb More Precious than Rubies

Hey Jamie. :frow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.