60 second rule

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW that "wait 60 seconds" between posts is super annoying....any chance to get rid of it? just wondering :(

HA HA---while typing this one I hit post and it said.....wait 60 seconds...UGH-UGH
LOL

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I know, I don't understand that point of that either.

When I read the title of the thread I thought you were talking about the dropped food on the floor rules.:p
You know when you hear people say like 10 second rule or whatever.

I agree though, the 60 second wait, needs to go.
Nifty, how do you think Karen is going to get all her posts in and make all her soap this upcoming season.:gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EW---if something was on the floor for 1 minute probably wouldn't be eaten...LOL---I do give it 5 seconds though....one thing I always heard was it is a dry type item, shouldn't be bad, if it is a wet type item, wet picks up every bacteria and icky real fast...so I go by that rule also...LOL-LOL
way off thread, but what they heck, I am chatty today.

LOL-LOL---you are right---I am making soap right now and washing eggs at the same time.....and typeing in between!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Lol- it took me awhile to figure out what you were saying- I've never seen the 60 second thing. Then it occured to me that you all have high speed connections.
Mine is dial up and slow dial up at that- didn't know there was any advantage to that.
By the way, the phone company has finally fixed that one telephone pole that was leaning over the road and was held up by a rope running to a big nearby tree- after two years- I think ATT is running something new up the road- could it be DSL??????

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
finally fixed that one telephone pole that was leaning over the road and was held up by a rope running to a big nearby tree-

******LOL-LOL----that sure sounds like an accident waiting to happen....I am surprised they didn't use duct tape..HA HA

DSL is great. I had to get it cause with dial up I wasn't getting my customers calls. So I was forced this way. Works well ...

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok ok... I reduced the amount of time between posts to 30 seconds. If you're posting more often than that on a constant basis... they lay off the coffee for a bit! ;)

That feature is in place to slow down spammers and/or robots if they get access to the forum

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Ok ok... I reduced the amount of time between posts to 30 seconds. If you're posting more often than that on a constant basis... they lay off the coffee for a bit! ;)

That feature is in place to slow down spammers and/or robots if they get access to the forum
Lay off the coffee?? :barnie I can't! I need it! It's what keeps me going..I am the equivalent to an internet energizer bunny..er wait, is that a good thing?

I didn't even know there was an amount of time between posts. It takes me several minutes to read a post (or a thread) LOLOL

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Nifty said:

:yuckyuck

Thanks a bunch Nifty, you are so on top of things, I personally think Karen is a big trouble maker!!:lol:

You realize now she is going to want something else right?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks so much! 30 seconds is so much faster (I hope)

it super annoyed me when I played the word games cause you can hit thru those fast..LOL

I don't drink coffee ever. LOL---who knows what it is in me..HA HA

Nah, so happy with the reduction in posting time that I won't ask for more...I know when I have been treated well :)

Latest posts