$6000 off grid whole house Solar System

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The thing I don’t understand is what happens for a hard freeze if you have pipes on the roof?. I know it would be fine most of the year. I have a wood chipper so my plan for composting water heater would require about 100 feet of very special hose, coiled up against a cylinder of sorts. Then I can just start piling grass clippings, rabbit and chicken droppings, weeds and wood chips around and over it. Wet it down and soon it will begin to get cooking. When I begin to see the compost is hot I can replace the water heater with this. I would think have all dishes washed and clothes and turn off the water. Disconnect the water heater and drain the water out of it. Get it out the house. You can probably trace the pipes to a lower spot under the floor and cut it there. Adapt the hose to the intake and output of the previous water heater and wait for the glue to dry a bit. Turn the water back on and test the hose connections leaks. Take a warm shower. Enjoy for 2 years. Plan your best garden with the future compost.

Latest posts