abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I did onesies styled stuff, just decorated awesome.

Make a baby sized sack. Decorate.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that site for making diapers. I want to make a few for my grand baby. I will be doing a lot of babysitting and don't intend to use disposable. I didn't like them for my DD and don't like them any better now :lol:

I have a lot of fabric. This will be fun!

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Come to think of it, sewing little things was fun. I wonder if there's a market for it? Anyone need any baby things sewn?
Actually there is a market for this. Check out diaperswappers it's another forum. It is a cloth diapering forum. There are tons of "mama's" on there looking for baby items. Especially handmade clothing and diaper covers. Because childrens clothing is made to work with disposables diapers rather than cloth a lot of cloth diapering mama's turn too things that are more tailored. If you can knit that is also a bonus as wool covers are very desirable. There is a section called "testing the WAHM waters" You may want to check out. It deals with topics about becoming a work at home mom. Those mama's(at least on that forum) usually create handmade items to sell. Hyenacart is another thing to check out. They sell WAHM made products. Maybe you can look on there to get an idea of what people are willing to pay for.
There is also a charity. I believe it is called The Christ Child Project. People make childrens clothes and then they are given to mothers in need.

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have to agree with the whole pink thing. I don't hate pink. I just don't love it either. My girl does have some pink stuff but she was a "surprise" baby too. so we have a lot of neutral tones. I tend to go for brown a lot. I don't even correct people when they call her a boy. She's 9 months old. I don't care and I don't think she does either. :D Sometimes people get really embarrased and all apologetic when they find out she's a girl. Which usually comes after they ask her name. Not too many boys named Emilia I guess. But, I always tell them not to worry about it. When their little it can be hard to tell. Especially, when there mom loves earthtones :lol:
NC-You should totally try and make baby clothes if you want. I would just start out with larger sizes. The first few months fly by so quickly anyway. Maybe start with 6-9 months.
I toyed with the idea of making my own baby clothes. But, then I kept getting all of these freebies from other mom's I knew. It was like they found out I was pregnant and everyone started bringing over garbage bags filled with clothes. And I mean those big giant black garbage bags too. People kept asking if I needed more clothes. I couldn't possibly have used all of it. I sorted through and picked out what I liked the rest I sold and donated. I still can't believe the amount of clothing that these people had for their kids. So, needless to say I thought there was too many baby clothes hanging around already. I didn't need to add to it. I have been admiring these really cute "pillowcase" dresses recently though. I might make one of those for when my dd is older.
If you truly are interested in cloth diapering check out diaperswappers forum. I love cloth diapering. In fact I think sometimes I love it a little too much. So, if you have any questions or just want to talk cloth let me know.

Latest posts