80 watt panels on sale right now

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
so what's regular price? How good of a deal is that for those who don't watch the price? Just curious. :)

S

sunsaver

Anything less than $4 per watt is a real good deal for solar, unless it's thin film. These look like standard silicon solar panels, so this is a great deal. I hope they don't sell out before i can get some.

80 watts at 12volts is almost 7 amps of current. It can burn you or start a fire if the sun is shining. If anybody needs tips on how to hook one up, just shoot me a pm.

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just checked with them mine shipped out, so that will give me a total of 480 watts of solar power along with the 450 watt wind generator. Yes they are silicone cells, the last 4 panels i bought from them was a 129.99 each and i thought that was a deal but this is even better.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So what will 80 watts do in household terms? run the fridge,stove, night light? I don't understand this stuff.
Nancy

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mrscoyote said:
So what will 80 watts do in household terms? run the fridge,stove, night light? I don't understand this stuff.
Nancy
1 80 watt solar panel will run some things like some lights, charge a laptop, cell phone, run a lcd tv, you use an inverter and storage batteries, the more you add the more power you have. We dont have power out at our homestead so we will be generating our own with the solar panels and wind generator to run our converted deep freeze for refrigeration, our lights, tv etc... the inverter converts the 12 vdc to 120 volts ac. the charge controller keeps the solar panels from over charging our batteries.

S

sunsaver

An 80 watt panel could run a 60 watt box fan, or a 60 watt light bulb, or a small TV set, for as long as the sun is shining on it. All you need is an inverter to convert the 12volts DC into 120volts AC. This is a simple example, but after all, solar power is not exactly rocket science. The total watts of power of all the electrical devices in your home will determine the size of solar panel array needed. The watts are usually listed on the back of the appliance. :cool:

P.S. AH, you beat me to it!

Latest posts