a 3 minute tour of a house made from mud near missoula, montana

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, mud and logs. And a bit of straw bale. Most of the materials came off the land where it is built.

A house the sequesters tons of carbon. Zero paint, glue or cement. The heat from the summer heats the house through the winter.
That looks warm and comfy... And I highly think that it will stand every weather, It looks very sturdy. I hope we can build one of those here in the Philippines.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
a form of geothermal energy storage and harvest.

it is common in northern areas and alternative construction to bury pipes that you can move air through (passively is best, but if you have solar energy during a hot day you can move air via fans too) and that heat will be absorbed during the hot days and cool air will trade for the heat during the cold times. underground is usually a fairly stable temperature in comparison to the air temperature.
That's good and all. But isn't it hot in the afternoon? Is the heat not searing in the house? I just thought.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, mud and logs. And a bit of straw bale. Most of the materials came off the land where it is built.

A house the sequesters tons of carbon. Zero paint, glue or cement. The heat from the summer heats the house through the winter.
I really adore how this house was made. I can only wish that we can have the same built one of these days.

Latest posts