a few baby lamb pics

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Ok so it's not really "self sufficient".... uh.... both ewes had unattended homebirths, does that count? LOL

I'm just in an excited sheepy mood this morning, as our second-ever lambie arrived last night around midnight, so I thought I would post a few pics for those who are not on BYH and want a little "awwwww..." moment.

First here's our first lamb Posy, by my shetland ram out of dairybred (Dorset x British Milksheep) ewe, a few hours after she was born this past Monday morning:

572_newbornlambapr4_012.jpg

I will take some new ones of her soon - she has grown! - since I let her and her mommie Peace out of their lambing shed for the first time this morning and she is enjoying racing around in the larger world. However it will have to wait as I just blew the whole camera battery on pics of last night's new lamb:

572_newbornwillowapr4_002.jpg

572_newbornwillowapr4_008.jpg

572_newbornwillowapr4_017.jpg

She is purebred (tho not registered) Shetland, and I have noooo idea what you call that color/pattern but it sure is sharp lookin' isn't it? :) We are calling her Willow after (part of) the farm name of her parents' breeder.

The remaining ewe, Peace's sister Hope, is obstinately remaining pregnant and may never actually lamb, just get bigger and bigger and bigger til she has a whole little sheepy civilization living inside her belly, I dunno :p

Pat