A gentle reminder....

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
This thread has gotten way off track. There are plenty of other places in the hunting and fishing area to discuss hunting and fishing. Instead if thread jacking I suggest starting a new thread and letting this die a natural death.
Well what the heck is thread jacking? Maybe you didn't notice but this has been made a "sticky" so it can never die!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
~gd

I didn't notice this thread has a sticky. I didn't access it from the index, I accessed it from recent posts. I guess it won't die then will it?

You really don't know what thread jacking is? I will try to explain it. Simply put it is taking a thread off topic from its original intent. Threads will naturally change during the course of conversation but it doesn't have to happen. If someone comes into a thread later in a conversation they might miss the intent of the thread. As you pointed out, and I'm glad you did, this thread is stickied. It should stay with it's original intent.

Back to the intent.

Some people don't like to see our hunting and fishing photos. They need to realize that this part of the forum is for hunting and fishing. Photos of dead animals might get posted here. We, hunters and fishers, can respect them and post a warning in our thread titles.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
~gd said:
Zenbirder said:
Thanks so much for being kind on this subject. I am left with a warm feeling about this group, that there is a lot of respect for the diversity of people involved in their own personal quest for self sufficiency. :hugs
Well I must be a little bit slow. this thred is set aside for us that do hunt and might show pictures of the results because you don't want to see them. I can understand and respect that. The question is why are you returning to the thread that was setup for you to avoid. Either the pictures don't really bother you or you are trolling for negative comments. Has my logic blinded me to any other reason?
frankly it escapes my common sense perspective why anyone opposed to something so vehemently, would continue to spend time discussing it or participating in posts that they find offensive. For what it is worth, that looks like someone who is looking to create a problem and that is not appreciated. Personally, I find THAT offensive.
The fact that this subject is not one that you approve should also be one in which you do not participate. But, then Brutus is an honorable man.
PRIORTIY:URGENT
Trim sends
//BT//