A gentle reminder....

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I liked the pic too. Not something you see around here.

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The discussion about the POW has been shut down. Wow.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
cabinchick said:
The discussion about the POW has been shut down. Wow.
And just a friendly reminder that it doesn't need to be brought up elsewhere! :cool:

Remember from the Rules that where agreed to when you (y'all) joined:

4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.

AND

Moderation
SufficientSelf staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How SufficientSelf staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.
* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a SufficientSelf staff member.
Thank You for understanding!

Dawn419
SS Moderator

MrBubblingbrooks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am thankful to live in an area where we can still participate in this traditional lifestyle of hunting and gathering! Also, thank you moderators for creating a section where we can post hunting pictures as part of our sufficient selves!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As a member, not a Mod:

Personally, I can't wait until we can start hunting deer off our land!

I hope to start working on sowing some food plots this coming year. Our land is mostly oak and hickory, so we have a nice mast crop in good years. My family thinks hubby and I are crazy for thinking we'll be able to hunt/provide on our 17 acres.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL families are funny. But 17 acres can provide tons of food. Hubby is a plot sower also. He feeds his deer better than most...he so enjoys it. And has a game camera. Loves to see what he is feeding. The coyotes were a surprise on film...but there is a nice buck he is drooling for right now! :)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Zenbirder said:
Thanks so much for being kind on this subject. I am left with a warm feeling about this group, that there is a lot of respect for the diversity of people involved in their own personal quest for self sufficiency. :hugs
Well I must be a little bit slow. this thred is set aside for us that do hunt and might show pictures of the results because you don't want to see them. I can understand and respect that. The question is why are you returning to the thread that was setup for you to avoid. Either the pictures don't really bother you or you are trolling for negative comments. Has my logic blinded me to any other reason?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
gd
this is a super old thread, from 2008 the original post...before we had a hunting section. we used to post dead deer pics all over the forum.
then they made the hunting section and we post animal hunts in that thread. this poster was a long time ago.
it got revived when a hunting pic showed up out of place I guess.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
As a member, not a Mod:

Personally, I can't wait until we can start hunting deer off our land!

I hope to start working on sowing some food plots this coming year. Our land is mostly oak and hickory, so we have a nice mast crop in good years. My family thinks hubby and I are crazy for thinking we'll be able to hunt/provide on our 17 acres.
OK not a Mod, when you are talking about food plots do you mean people food or game food? If game food I must assume it is legal in your state to hunt in a area set up to attract game. It is not legal to hunt such areas in my state it is considered 'baiting'. If you wish to grow food for game it is permitted only on areas that are 'posted' to prevent hunting. My part of the state is heavy in pine plantations owned by lumber and paper producers. The land under the trees is pretty much bare of undergrowth and the owners don't want hunters because of fire risk. When trees are harvested, blocks or strips are clear cut and replanted. These have proved to be big producers of game and the hunting rights are sold or rented to hunt clubs or individuals. Every year they catch a few who tried to improve their hunting grounds by baiting. What is not generally known is that these clearings in the woods are patrolled by 'copters looking for 'pot plantations'.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
This thread has gotten way off track. There are plenty of other places in the hunting and fishing area to discuss hunting and fishing. Instead if thread jacking I suggest starting a new thread and letting this die a natural death.