A Grain Of Salt and A Bar Of Soap...

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I just cut up my second batch of soap. I decided to do my second batch in 100 percent lard, like the first one because despite the information conveyed by the lye calculator about 100% lard being Low in the "cleansing" and "bubbly" scales, I find it to be quite cleansing and quite bubbly, makes a nice bubbly lather in hair and everywhere else. So, I guess, take what the calculator says with a grain of salt.

Piccies

I think I'm calling this one Chocolate, Coffee & Cream Swirl.

GEDC0013.jpg

GEDC0017.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like how that looks. It does look a bit like a piece of wood, though. :lol:

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
LOL!

Had to laugh, I actually have some cocobolo and rosewood that look just like the soap...
I also make knives...

gedc0117-0.jpg

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks!

It smells great. The whole shop where it is curing smells like chocolate. I might have to try this one in the morning.

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks great! Think I'd call it chocolate cedar ;)

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Mickey328 said:
Looks great! Think I'd call it chocolate cedar ;)
When I first read that I thought it said 'chocolate cheddar', my sister said it looked like marble. A friend said it smells more chocalatey than chocolate.

Steveca

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am using some of the first batch, I love it, makes me want to shower 3 or 4 times a day. :/ The bars are hard now, well, harder than Ivory anyway. The chocolate ones were still a bit soft to use this morning, so maybe tomorrow. I superfatted this one by 3% and I don't think I should have, going by how nice the first batch is at 0% superfat.

I read somewhere that after 48 hours out of the mold, soap is 99.9% of the soap that it will ever be, it just has some extra water in it that hasn't evaporated yet.