a halo for my hair

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have done gd's hair, and it was barely able to go up and still had some slipping out as well as the ends sticking out, her hair was just past her shoulders, also I made one a little smaller for her head.

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would love to see a picture of what it looks like when you take it down.

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
here is a picture after 2 days of being up.
remember that my hair was not dampened, usually I spray with water as I twist it up, so curls are not as tight
2971_dsc02247.jpg

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:clap oh that is so pretty!!!!!

so you take a section, twist, twist it around the halo, then take the next section and twist it into the that has already been wound around the halo. is that right? how do you end it? just twist and tuck?

I love it!!! some women pay big money to have those curls put in their hair. :thumbsup

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yeah, I just twist the hair then wrap around the halo, and another strand by combing together, twist it then wrap, repeat. I just keep twisting and wrapping the tail until it is all on then pull the wraps over itself to hold in place

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I like the style :D

Question... I get how you twist it in to a "rope" and you wrap it around the halo fabric, but do you pin the ends or are those just loose?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Looks like we were posting at the same time :D

I think I get it, but as fine as my hair is I doubt it would hold without help

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
just loose, I try to make the previous wraps slide over to lock into place, almost like loop a knot in it but just making the end go back up the opposite way under the other wrapped rope.

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow, breathtaking! Thank you for posting the picture :D Now, just need to grow hair out a little longer, I'm almost there :D