A Little Backyard Homestead Project

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm going to make an appointment to see my GP in my previous village… I tried to see the one here, only to be told they are sooooo busy, they are not taking in any new patients. Which is hilarious, there was NO-ONE in the waiting room when I went there. They really could've let me see him.

I still can't grip anything in my hand for longer than a few seconds and even then, I keep losing my grip when I do things like putting my clothes on or taking them off, my grip is not strong. I'm still in pain. My fingers stiffen up often. I can't make a fist with my hand. Typing hurts my wrist. Doing anything with my hand hurts my wrist. I get constant pains ranging from burning to aching in my hand and fingers, often in my thumb joint, which is opposite from the side of my wrist where the car struck me. That worries me. The swelling in my fingers started going down on Friday (after 8 days) only, but is still not gone.

When we went to A&E I was seen by a nurse. I told her I had no feeling or mobility in my hand at all. For hours. She looked at my X-rays, didn't see a glaringly obvious fracture and brushed it off as "it hit you right on the bone, there is no padding there, that is why it's hurting so much" and sent me home with a brace for my wrist.

Well, it's been 10 days now. I'm going to see a doctor.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ridiculous!! You really do need to see a doctor! I hope you get sorted out, and quickly, you don't need any of that becoming permanent.:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had no idea you hadn't seen a DR! I'm so glad you're going to see one now. All of your symptoms are just scary. You sure don't want this turning into something permanent. :hugs And....hope you still have the license number of the car that hit you. This might get costly and she should share the burden.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I saw the "head nurse" in A&E :\ No offence, but I think with my symptoms I should've been seen by a doctor. I told her I cannot move or feel my fingers. And it was about 3 hours after the accident by then. I googled my symptoms this morning and got told with those to see a doc asap. That's why we went to A&E?!?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH my.... I don't know how Ireland's health care system works but sometimes around here you just gotta complain until they listen! But, generally, because this country is so fearful of lawsuits the Emergency Dept's usually go overboard to make sure they haven't missed anything. But, even with that, they do miss things anyway. After DH's car accident they totally missed his broken fingers because they were focusing so much on his abdominal/rib injuries.

Hope you can get seen quickly and get some much needed care!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
With some things, like my cancer, they are fantastic, with others not so much… Some hospitals are great, some are terrible.

Many years ago in S.A. I got hit by a car. They X-rayed my shoulder, which was dislocated, but didn't do my head, though I suffered head injuries, and missed a thankfully-not-serious skull fracture. Which I did not thank them for, as I claimed compensation for the accident and my injuries.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Geeze - I think you should stay far, far away from cars!

Glad you weren't injured more severely - but a skull fracture is not something you want to fool around with!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm trying, FEM! The dang things can't seem to stay away from me! LOL I was on a footpath when this last accident happened. The first was a driver that didn't stop at crossing, though he should've, there was a Stop sign for him. Funny thing was, on the way into A&E I said to my friend, these people have seen in all, they won't be surprised by my ridiculous ability to get myself injured... 5 Minutes later "WHAT happened?!?! o_O" From the receptionist right through to the radiographer… They were all shocked/surprised.

:th

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
February dreaming…. lol Not the first time it looked like this in the morning. I like snow, it's nicer to walk on than mud! Apart from removing those small tree stumps and tidying up a bit more, there isn't much more to do than get stuck in the serious work. Getting the chicken pen set up and veggie beds ready. I'm antsy to get going. Come on Spring!

IMG_20180206_103339.jpg