A must-see film!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Check this out: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2494759449/

A trailer for Food, Inc. It seems to be based on Michael Pollan's books. It has my hero, Joel Salatin in it!!!

I put it in financial management, because we vote with our money whenever we make a purchase, and I want to encourage people to consider voting for real food......as this film does, and as we ss people tend to do, more than than the average person.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'll wait until it comes out on video and try to rent it. The cost of tickets alone in our area makes it pretty cost prohibitive. It looks like a great movie though.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely want to see this movie.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Something that the farmer guy said caught my attention. He said why would I grow a chicken in 3 months when I could have one in 49 days. Doesn't he realize that one of the BIG issues people like me have isn't how quickly the breed grows but how it is treated? If you choose a fast growing breed for your meat supply, FANTASTIC!! I just want my meat treated in a respectful manner (given enough space) and not fed crap.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow that is One powerful looking info movie... :thumbsup

Yeap gotta get a lot of folks to see that. I sure hope it will make lots of people Stand up and take notice.
Tanks Free for pointing this one out :clap

:frow Karan :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Well, we saw Food Inc tonight, and it was well worth the ticket price. We haven't been to the theater in several years, we usually wait for the free version, but I wanted to see this and wanted to support this movie's message with my dollars for once.

It was too short! That is the way I rate a film....if it seems to fly by in a flash, it was great, and this one was. Not enough Joel Salatin, IMO, I could've listened to him talk for hours and looked at his operation. If you see the film, he is the one in the shirt that says "Steve!" How ss is that! And another shirt that says "grass fed." He is my ss hero. Although it is not specifically mentioned what he is doing, there is a nice scene of his intensive grazing method.....it shows him turning the cows onto fresh grass. I wish it showed him running the chickens through the cow paddocks next, or the pigs through the winter quarters of the cows to turn the manure into compost. The outdoor pig quarters really made me want pigs, we have the perfect land for it.

DH is more onboard than ever now. Yay! He got over the two turkeys pretty quickly, maybe after a few more, he will consider a pig or two....

The film was not gloom and doom, it had a message of hope. Only one statement in the entire 1.5 hours that I disagreed with....it costs more to eat healthy food. I disagree. Only if you switch your processed diet to processed big organic. Not if you actually take control of your own food and rattle some pots and pans on a regular basis! Then it is FAR cheaper and healthier!

You all just HAVE to go see this film! It is a small film, will be very limited in showings, so if you want to go, check local listings soon. It won't be the summer blockbuster....it should be, but people will pay for gratuitous violence and sex but will say, "I can't go see Food Inc, there might be some disturbing scenes!" :rolleyes: