A new adventure!!! JAM MAKING!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Go ahead and PM me that info :D

Hubby loves that popping sound too. It means I put something else nummy up for storage. I am going to have to teach him to can since he eats most of the stuff anyway! :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Then there is the mandatory request to every one who visits: "you've gotta see my closet", as you open the door to your preserved goods. ;)

Congratulations!!!!
Oh, thank goodness I am not the only person who does this. :D

So who is who in the picture???

g

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
FarmerDenise said:
Then there is the mandatory request to every one who visits: "you've gotta see my closet", as you open the door to your preserved goods. ;)

Congratulations!!!!
Oh, thank goodness I am not the only person who does this. :D

So who is who in the picture???

g
lol. matthew is the one on the right leaning back with the facial hair, cj is leaning forward on the left with no facial hair. normally I (matthew) wear glasses but that weekend I went with contacts :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
(Canning is not just a lady-type thing! XPC and Skr8pin, by far some of the most manly members here, are also avid canners. :p )

I vote CJ have his own ss account too. :D

Congrats to you CJ! (Now you are going to have to attend JA aka Jars Anonymous b/c you are going to obsess over finding more canning jars for the rest of your life!)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
That ping is just the best sound to hear after all that hard work! I hate hate hate fresh pears but found some fun recipes last year and made ginger pear jam and something else that got eaten up really fast! Yummy!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Congrats to you CJ! (Now you are going to have to attend JA aka Jars Anonymous b/c you are going to obsess over finding more canning jars for the rest of your life!)
I was so excited when a friend gave me 3 jars that she got at Costco with Delmonte fruit in them. They were obviously canning jars, except the smallest one did not have the normal measuring lines on the side that the other two had.

So I called Delmonte just to make sure that the smallest was indeed a canning jar and could be used in my canner. The lady, Pat, who answered my call said that none of the jars were recommended for use in home canning, as the lids would not likely seal. Huh? I'd use new lids, I told her. She repeated what was obviously on the screen in front of her. (She was very nice about it, and I got the idea that she couldn't really say what she wanted to say...) I picked up a flat canning lid and set it on the jar....it was too small! Hey! Bait and switch! I asked her to tell Delmonte to be honest about their jars! :rolleyes:

Just an example of how obsessed one can become. And I am still agitated enough about the disappointment to type this story here. :p Welcome to Jars Anonymous.

Wait...we don't have meetings, since none of us want to recover.....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"Hello,

My name is Linda and I am addicted to canning jars..."

"Hi Linda!"