A New Garden Pond in the Pocono Mountains

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We recently came into a modest sum of money of which we used mostly to pay down loans (who doesn't?), but we decided to take a chunk of it and treat ourselves to something we have wanted for a long time.

After the desire to have a garden pond for many years and talking about it for so long, we sat down last night and finally decided to purchase an above ground pond kit, one of which we have been looking at for some time. Just a few minutes ago, we made the purchase of a 425 gallon above ground redwood pond kit from Coastal Pond Solutions in British Columbia. (http://coastalpondsolutions.com) a.k.a. Kim's Ponds. Cost: $1675 including shipping, taxes, brokerage and duties.

The pond kit assembled is 82" x 72" x 30" and consists of:
Interlocking Western Red Cedar Frame and 3 benches
Preformed Firestone EPDM Pondgard Liner with ground pad
Quiet One Model 4000 pump with mechanical & biological filtration and ultraviolet sterilization (991 gph)

It won't arrive for 3-4 weeks, but it will still be here in plenty of time for a Spring set up.

425-gal-photo-2016.jpg

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm so excited. I keep looking out my office window that overlooks the back yard covered with a few inches of snow trying to imagine how it's going to look out there this summer. I think I am going to build a ground-level deck at the bottom of our house deck and put the garden pond right off it. I can't wait!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
X2 what FEM said! I can't wait to see this!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! It's always nice to fulfill our dreams. I'm sure we will all get to enjoy it thru your pics -- without any work!! :clap

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am afraid I'll like it so much I'll next want to build an in-ground one. What I really want is a REAL pond, but my only source of water on the property...other than my well...is a small spring that doesn't run all year and is on the far side, and it would be too expensive to dig a pond and pump the water up to it.

Latest posts