A new "lighter" product package

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think this one is about the most in-your-face packaging scheme. I have seen ads on TV about the new Hershey's Kisses with air bubbles. They show two lovely ladies enjoying the chocolate like it's something wonderful. They have taken some of the milk chocolate out and pumped air into each kiss to make bubbles inside. They have also raised the price per pound a few cents to make you think you're getting something special. I'm sure there are some consumers out there who think it's the greatest thing since, since, well since chocolate.

How about a new Ford or Chevy that they have removed the seats and replaced them with air. And raised the price. Think that would work?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It isn't just the kisses. they have a candy bar with fluffy air combs inside. actually I tried it and, and, and, I didn't think it was anything special :p
I won't be buying those again ever LOL

yea, new products. always new ways to make an extra buck. I give them credit. People buy. The company makes money. Works for them for sure! :)

worse thing is when 'they improve' a product you love---and that new improvement sucks and you lose out on a product you enjoyed.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
It isn't just the kisses. they have a candy bar with fluffy air combs inside. actually I tried it and, and, and, I didn't think it was anything special :p
I won't be buying those again ever LOL

yea, new products. always new ways to make an extra buck. I give them credit. People buy. The company makes money. Works for them for sure! :)

worse thing is when 'they improve' a product you love---and that new improvement sucks and you lose out on a product you enjoyed.
Its just like the peanut butter snickers. Eh :/ I'll stick the original, thank you.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes...when i saw those i cheched the weight. Same price as the regular hersheys but less chocolate.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing... but I have 4 coupons for "buy regular Hershey's get an air one free" so I will just buy the four regular and get the 4 free.. but I probably will not go out of my way to pay more for less.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'll spend the $5 a bar and get real chocolate.

Green & Black's.

Hersheys tastes so rubbery. *wrinkles snobbish little nose*

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
abifae said:
I'll spend the $5 a bar and get real chocolate.

Green & Black's.

Hersheys tastes so rubbery. *wrinkles snobbish little nose*
* high fives Abi. OFG currently is typing with a G&B 85% dark chocolate bar at her elbow*

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a coupon for a free one but I haven't been tempted to use it :p It's probably expired now.

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I bought one spur of the moment purchase. Won't buy again. Will stick to airless chocolate

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
That was my first thought when I saw the ad. Who would pay more for air? I guess it depends on marketing and gullible people who have to have the latest thing. :idunno