AAA insurance and Windstream Rant

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
So we switched to Insight for phone & internet a couple of months ago. We were on auto billing from Windstream and I kept watching my account waiting for my refunded days. It didn't show up and so I called them to find out what the deal is. Even though we switched 10 days into the billing cycle, they still bill the entire month. No refund. No argument, and no talking to managers will get this situation fixed. Just irritating to pay for something I'm not using.

AAA insurance just sent me a bill for $15.36 which included a $5 Service Fee. I had prepaid my entire 6 month premium up to November to avoid service fees. Then to some mysterious quirk, we no longer qualify for a AAA discount for having membership so we didn't renew our membership. This resulted in owing extra premium and since they had to send a bill, they had to tack on a $5 service fee to a $10.36 bill. It took me 1/2 hour to nicely explain and reexplain the situation before they finally figured out a way to remove the $5. They were threatening that if it didn't get paid, our auto insurance would be going into default for the weekend. It's not the $5, it's just the principle of the matter. Especially when I would have to work 45 minutes at my job just to pay for that extra $.

Okay, onward. Time to get new insurance quotes...

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya, really. What crap!
I had a similar situation with a stupid $0.36 bill on a credit card. For pete's sake, 36 cents??? and you send me a bill?? So, I didn't pay it, thinking they'd write it off. No, the following month it was $30.36. They charged me $30 late fee because I didn't make the payment. All the nice talking on the phone did nothing...no matter who we talked to.

So, I took my lumps, paid the stupid bill and cancelled the card. It was a Shell Oil Card that I had used just a few times and paid off every time I got the bill...except for that 36 cents. And it wasn't 36 cents that I had charged, either. :rant

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you find a great deal, please post the name of the company! Our provider has been jacking us around for a while now, and I'm fed up. Of-course, every quote I get from others (because I refuse to pass out our ss#'s to everybody like candy, I guess) is almost/is double! So frustrating!

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ugh, that's a tough one to swallow! I'm glad you got the AAA fixed!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yikes and ugh

I hate dealing with junk like this and oh boy we all get nailed somehow one time or another :p

truly I hate to move anything for those simple facts of 'charges'....screw them LOL

I had a Dr. that charged $25 for no show. I called well in advance to cancel, but still got the 'fee'. I didn't pay it. I called, said look at the date I cancelled, they said 'they had no cancellation showing', I said too bad....and they billed me for 4 mons. and I never paid. And then they stopped lol--no chance I am going back to that knee Dr.

I swear every minute I breathe someone is trying to charge me a 'service fee' or whatever. gets real old fast :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hate those no show fees from doctors. I went to the dentist sick as a dog one time because they refused to let me reschedule w/out the fee. I didn't know if I had the flu or what and thought they'd be glad that I didn't want to come in and possibly infect them. Nope, they STILL wanted me to come. :hu

Now my chiropractor and my allergist, I love! I can call them at the last minute and reschedule w/out a problem. I don't do it often, but I had one day after RU had her operation that her husband and I had to fix a fence. It was taking longer than I expected. First I called and pushed the appointments back, then I called and rescheduled. No problem w/either of them. When I went in, they asked how we made out w/the fence.