Affordable Rural Internet Access

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We use Verizon jetpack too. We have to be careful about avoiding videos, and picture-heavy sites like pinterest. Otherwise no complaints.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've had hughesnet for several years and it beats the heck out of no internet. costs abt. $60. month. that's all i can get here and i really don't have any problems with unless it is raining or snowing then it goes out. great for tornado weather when you'd really like to know whats going on. i just go outside and look. if it is green and nasty looking i wander over towards the cellar, if not i just "watch".

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We just moved to the butt-end of nowhere and the only available internet service sucks. It is expensive, limited and everyone hates it. I am unwilling to sign a 2 year contract for something I know to be inadequate. So I am looking into the hot spot things. We have AT&T for cell phones, so I can get online and muddle about a bit, but am techno challenged, how to post pics? Cricket? I'll have to go look that up. I'm at DD's house on her internet, brought my laptop--HELLO OLD FRIEND!!! Gee, I sure miss it.......