Alaskan's Life

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
H
I have one gal wanting to set. Really, I need to give her a clutch! I just found her mom dead last week😢 just fell off roost dead. Had been hatched here and was the best broody ever. I already miss her.

So looking at your pics and it being mid 80s here, I offer my condolences on that white stuff! 🤣. Yep, you're lucky to get an egg.....any egg. Couple months and you'll get a better hatch. 👍
How old was the mom?

A good broody is worth her weight in gold!!

I still deeply miss my good broodies... don't have any really good ones at present.

Those bantams incubate fine... but are a bit ditsy as moms once the chicks hatch. I usually have to put them into a little broody pen so that they don't lose track of their chicks!! I am not impressed!

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, my eyes are still great!

My hearing is starting to go... :lol:

I really liked starting off with a small local mushroom book. The really fat, filled with everything guides can be overwhelming.

I also found a local mushrooming lecture/how to class incredably helpful.
Thanks for your reply 👍 🙂

I've been attempting to grow the shiitake mushrooms on an oak log for over 12 months and the plugs are still minute. I wondered if using coffee on this log would help a little 🤔

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picture from today... no, maybe yesterday.

The church I go to... I wanted to show how high the berms along the path have gotten. And, that path is NOT directly on the ground. Over the winter the snow on the path builds up. Maybe 6 inches ... up to a foot of snow pack on the walkway...

View attachment 15623
Nice little church, what denomination?