Alaskan's Life

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love the looks of Kunekune pigs. I would consider one for a pet if I already didn't have chickens that dig everything everywhere.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the kunekunes when we first got them, just weened.

20210318_185312.jpg

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@JanetMarie

As a feeder pig... I think they would make sense if you had... grass......

But, with 4 plus feet of snow at present, they are a stupid feeder pig... eat lots and grow slow.

They are sweet... I can see them making a good pet...
I've thought about getting some after getting more acreage, because they can 'free range' without complete destruction of property. I have a decent pen here but don't want to raise pigs in general and really don't want feeders in the summer. That makes for a stinky spot on a small acreage.
Maybe they can plow you some new paths through all that snow. I've seen pigs move rocks as big as they were.lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've thought about getting some after getting more acreage, because they can 'free range' without complete destruction of property. I have a decent pen here but don't want to raise pigs in general and really don't want feeders in the summer. That makes for a stinky spot on a small acreage.
Maybe they can plow you some new paths through all that snow. I've seen pigs move rocks as big as they were.lol
Their noses are like a single bottom plow for sure!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our piggies are soooooo tiny... and cute.... and sweet natured...

Might as well poke a stick through their hind end and call out "come and get it! Supper is served!"

Truly... I think anything and everything would eat them...

So.... ours are stuck in a little pen... poor piggies....

They got out once, and walked the path from their coop to the parking lot, crossed that and walked up to the front door and just stood and waited at the front door for us to come out with feed and lead them to their pen.

Really... crazy piggies.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looks like eldest finally got a job with decent hours... which means... we will be down a car.

This is going to get tricky.

So... 2 kids started to dig out the old Ford, we will try to get the front end fixed for a reasonable cost....

After hours of work... not yet done

20210324_175227.jpg

Latest posts