Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another one from a few weeks back

20210608_174135.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But, @CrealCritter the parcel you were discussing -- as I remember -- was in the REAL outback. No roads, stores, etc. Even your adventurous DW said she wasn't moving there!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Alaskan lives in the middle of town, in comparison.

While that moose has some majesty to behold, I'll bet that's total garden destruction given a couple hours of graze. The landscape is beautiful.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
But, @CrealCritter the parcel you were discussing -- as I remember -- was in the REAL outback. No roads, stores, etc. Even your adventurous DW said she wasn't moving there!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Alaskan lives in the middle of town, in comparison.

While that moose has some majesty to behold, I'll bet that's total garden destruction given a couple hours of graze. The landscape is beautiful.
Yes, gardens need to be fenced... but they leave potatoes and my flower beds alone.

:idunno

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Unsettling a bit.....

Air sirens keep sounding off...

Tsunami expected at 1am... so they aren't going to go quiet any time soon (10:44 now).

We (the town) are far enough away though... so hopefully there will not be any damage... probably a baby tsunami, maybe even nothing.

(And since I am at 1,300 feet elevation, I am fine).

Not so sure about those close to the epicenter though..... it was an 8.1 and right up against the Alaska Peninsula.

Oh blast... I still have 2 kids working in town... I wonder if they get to close up and come home now....... probably... and lots of time too.....

So... I took some photos:

20210728_223805.jpg
20210728_223647.jpg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep.... all good.

Much ado about nothing.

Even the places close to the epicenter didn't get any exciting tsunamis.

Might have helped that even though it was a big quake, and it was a long one, it was nice soft rolls..... no jolts

Latest posts