Allergies?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I found out (rather unpleasantly) about a drug interaction between my medication and benadryl, zyrtec, etc. There is a possibility I can take loratadine.

But if not...

What can I do about "hay fever"? I don't want to sneeze and sniffle all spring, summer, and fall! I woke up sneezing 45 minutes ago and am slowly soaking tissues with nose-goo, with itchy tears dripping down my face. This sucks - just wait until the trees start blooming... :th

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would definitely look into the loratadine. I took it when I was getting immunotherapy shots. Actually, because I was working with things I'm allergic to (hay), I took a regular dose on most days and a double dose on shot days or days I was mowing the grass. BTW, if it's an option for you, the immunotherapy shots did improve my reactivity. I wasn't able to complete the full course but I did notice that I was significantly less reactive when I did things like mow the yard or clean the coop.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Try raw local honey. It is supposed to help desentize you from the local flora and fauna pollens. I drink a teaspoon a day in my tea in the morning and whether it works or not, it is yummy.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What she said! ;) Although, you wouldn't want to stir that into some real hot tea for fear of killing the good stuff!

It really works if you are consistent with it. I find it's easier to take it if you spread it on some toasted homemade bread and butter..... :drool

It works like allergy shots...gives you a little of the hair of the dog each day until you build up a resistance to your local allergens. Better than shots any day! :hide

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
hmm...

how local?

I wonder if it's so bad this year because I moved? I only moved 40 - 50 miles away though.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I found out (rather unpleasantly) about a drug interaction between my medication and benadryl, zyrtec, etc. There is a possibility I can take loratadine.

But if not...

What can I do about "hay fever"? I don't want to sneeze and sniffle all spring, summer, and fall! I woke up sneezing 45 minutes ago and am slowly soaking tissues with nose-goo, with itchy tears dripping down my face. This sucks - just wait until the trees start blooming... :th
Raw goats milk is a known cure.
That and taking fermented cod liver oil and real vitamin C.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Bee pollen granules. You can get them at any health food store. They are supposed to work great for hay fever and good for alot of other things too. And they taste good!

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Morel- what do you do with them? My co-op has them, but I don't know how to use them.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I had great success with immunotherapy injections. I don't have to take anything at all now after years of really bad suffering in both autumn and spring.