An appealing method for dealing with invasive plants

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I finally have my family trained to save every scrap of cardboard. I have a special bay just for the cardboard until I can use it somewhere... I figure if the worms start breaking it down in there it's free compost.

all those empty ridges in cardboard are like little worm hotel rooms. they love it if it gets wet. i always get the plainest brown/tan cardboard i can with as little printing on it as i can find. i've been burned by using the other kinds in finding out that some of them have plastic coating on them or even in them (some gift boxes i shredded had a layer of plastic between the paper - boy was that a mess to get out of the worm buckets and i still find bits of plastic here or there in some of the gardens from it). now before using a lot of it in a bucket or shredding it i'll make sure the worms can break it down first. lesson learned!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've never met him and hope he's well too. it is hard with on-line things as people will come along, hang out for a while and then move on. circumstances and life can really change quickly.

Latest posts