An Article: Dogs are not environmentally friendly...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
What on earth do you mean, "I wonder what the scientists are going to do with themselves and their family, once they come to the realization that humans are the ultimate environmental disaster"???
This is a POLICY issue and a personal ethics issue, not a SCIENCE issue at all. And anyhow, scientists figured out what you say above a long, LONG LONG time ago, considerably before it became pop culture dogma. I mean, no kidding.

Pat
What I "meant" was that the authors produced an article pointing out the obvious, that pets are not environmentally friendly. Therefore they don't have many cats anymore. Did I make a personal attack and say, they shouldn't have gotten rid of their cats? No! Did I call them hypocrites for writing an article? No! I simply gave my opinion on an article that I read just like any other article.

So, please stop yelling at folks for their opinions, discussions, and sarcastic comments. ;)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
And insulting the book's authors as being hypocritical, being inhumane or uncaring to animals, being too stupid to think of lower-impact ways of keeping pets, and being interested only in a quick buck or ego trip -- all of which have been claimed in various posts -- seems to me kind of "much", ahem.
I don't think any (or many, maybe) are arguing that pets are or are not environmentally unfriendly (and we all know that most things can be considered that - doesn't take a book to figure that out), I think its more about 'we are suggesting such and such'.

I think I'm the only one who brought up 'lower-impact ways of keeping pets' but I sure as heck never said they were stupid.

Pat, I think its great you have your opinion, as we all have varying ones, and its one thing to judge a book and authors (which is to be expected). But I don't think you need to keep carrying on about, in your obvious opinion, how far we all are off our rockers about everything, because honestly, your attitude lately comes off as very superior and 'I'm smarter and better than everyone'. Maybe its just me and I'm reading you wrong though.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ok, this thread has gotten too nasty, I'm getting reports on it. Thank you all for participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.