An aspiration of mine...........

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Is I'd love to produce, and publish a Self Reliance magazine........any of you would like to do that too?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That would be so much fun. I am a good writer, although when I speak I sound like a backwoods hick. :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nope. Love to write, but mostly short stories and novels.

I have been called an excellent proofreader. I've also been called some other, more colorful names by an author or two :D Sign me up as your proofreader! ;)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd love to be a part of a project like that BB. :D

I'll volunteer for the photographer as I love documenting everything I can with pictures. :D

Right now I'm not getting much done because our native mushrooms are going crazy...and so am I. :gig Poor doc came home from his town run yesterday and I'd gotten the critters fed and watered and that was it as I saw a big spot of white in an area and it wasn't there yesterday. Yep, a new mushroom! :gig

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work. It's one thing to write an article or two. It's quite another to produce content under a deadline.

What about the Mother Earth News?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I checked into putting a magazine into production a long time ago. WOW, needless to say in the end I passed because I didn't have the expertise of staff to even think about pulling it off.

instead of a mag, a website or newsletter type would be more feasible unless you are willing to put full gear into a magazine.

A website you can start for free, have a forum, have articles submitted from everyone and post what is useable, generate income with web ads and more.

Is this something you want to do as a career in life? If yes then go for it. Have you researched how to start and run a magazine etc?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Have you thought of starting with a blog? That might be a good way to get your toes wet and work on creating content. You've got your own place that you're doing some pretty amazing things with, and there are certainly lots of people on the web that would want to read about things.
You may also want to look into writing for Mother Earth News. You never know what they'll say and they have such a large website that they are always working on content.
Good luck!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
You may also want to look into writing for Mother Earth News. You never know what they'll say and they have such a large website that they are always working on content.
Good luck!
that is a good idea. start submitting articles and 'how to' with mags. You could do very well.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'd love to start doing that because this is what I'd like to do for a livng.....

I have several things to choose from for article topics...

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Is I'd love to produce, and publish a Self Reliance magazine........any of you would like to do that too?
Hey, BB... How would it be different from this SS forum of ours? I mean, is it just that you want to see it printed on paper with a fron & back cover?

Latest posts