An odd question

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My father used to laugh at me when I wiped my kids runny noses. He said let em suck up the snot, it builds their immunity. :sick But you know, I am a strong believer in letting kids get dirty and not cleaning to perfection. Makes em stronger. Does anyone else notice how everyone has allergies now????

I do bleach the toilet, it just makes me feel cleaner, but the rest of the house is vinager water for the most part. Discovered that while making soap. I wanted to neutralize any potentially spilt lye. Worked great. I do break out he pine sol for the floors for the yummy smell.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Heck, my dog always drank out of the toilet (if I was away and didn't leave him enough water)and he lived to a ripe old age. While I don't advocate doing that, as long as the toilet is "clean" i.e. soap and water clean, you don't need to go to "general quarters" cleaning the john. Maybe as Abi says after a particularly difficult viral illness you may want to be a little more aggressive with some bleach but remember all that stuff the advertisers are selling you is going into our WATER supply and you are drinking it eventually. Yuuucchhh
Trim sends
//BT//

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
...but remember all that stuff the advertisers are selling you is going into our WATER supply and you are drinking it eventually. Yuuucchhh
Trim sends
//BT//
That seriously concerns me and always has. What exactly ARE we drinking? I mean, we know there are enough anti depressants in the water that we should be the world's most cheerful country. But as for what counts as "clean"... what are they actually looking at?