And MY momma used to tell me...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
… that I'm an accident looking for a place to happen. I'm starting to think the woman had a point :\

I bought a new adapter plug yesterday for my camera's charger. (I bought the camera in S.A. and European plugs are different) In the car I got the charger out of my camera bag and double checked if the plug is correct. The charger's plug didn't want to go in, so I gave it a good shove… The plug went in alright and I am sporting a blood blister on my finger and a bruised and swollen ligament in my thumb joint/palm…

:confused::th:hit:hu

Seriously, has ANYONE EVER injured themselves on an adapter plug?!? Or am I uniquely talented in finding ways to injure myself?

I don't know if I should pat myself on the shoulder or feel sorry for myself lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no! Sumi, that just stinks. Hope your thumb gets better quickly. And nope - I've never heard of anyone hurting themselves plugging in an adapter plug! :idunno

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We are definitely related. :D My family have a lot of fun making fun of the ways I injure myself...like turning my ankle as I walk across the kitchen. :rolleyes: I run into things for no good reason, fall after stumbling over nothing but my own feet, cut myself on things that don't usually cut, etc.

They all think it's kinda funny but it doesn't feel so good to me. o_O

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I sprained my ankle putting on my shoe one time. The doctor could only shake his head in wonder.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
me too @lcertuche. @sumi you crack me up!!please be careful. i broke/twisted my ankle in a hole going to the barn in my night gown and that's how they took me to the hospital, in my night gown, dusty and bare footed. to the hospital where I worked and where every doctor and nurse that came thru stopped and visited with me. I didn't die from the ankle but I was sure that i'd die of embarrassment before I got out of there.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You never expect to go the hospital. Oh yeah and they have never once checked to see if my underwear was clean.:gig