And we buy our food from here??

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is why I cringe when I see people come out of a dollar store loaded with canned goods. At least when I have looked at them out of curiosity most(not all) were made in CHINA, NO THANKS!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Next time you buy candy at Walmart, check the packaging, most of it is made in China as well, and laced with melamine

Augustmomx2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Next time you buy candy at Walmart, check the packaging, most of it is made in China as well, and laced with melamine
Or Target...I bought some very large, lollipops from there...made in China :sick They were thrown in the trash even before my kids could see them!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
The problem is sometimes you can't find out where bags of stuff are actually made- the name on the can or bag is actually the importer in New Jersey or someplace.

My partner wants to find a protein powder that states where it is made. We don't want whey protein made in China, and none of them say where it actually comes from.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Food sure isn't the only insane problems in this world lol

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I won't even buy dog toys made in China anymore. I am trying real hard to check on where any product I purchase or use is made.
This is also why I prefer to make and grow as much myself as possible, or acquire things from known and trusted sources.

This is why I get so annoyed, when companies lobby the goverment to get away with not putting all the information we the consumer want on labels, and our government listenes to them!