Anemia, kidney stones, and unable to take vitamins. Help?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Alrighty then! get those hands working, and hand milk a couple cps every morning for you. In a dark room where you cannot be seen of course.
*nods wisely* Ninja milking!

*sneak sneak sneak*
*milks cow in the dark, into a black bucket, wearing dark clothing*
*sneaks out again*

No one knows when ninja milker will strike again!!!

*cues music*

farmersdaughter83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Lol! I can see it now, getting caught in the dark, with a cow and a pail of milk! Talk about studdering to explain to my future in laws what I'm doing! HAHA! Might be making a phone call to my father to explain to him why I am coming home. LOL!

farmersdaughter83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Ninja milking :lol: :hugs

So if I can acquire said "super milk" from my "ninja milking" how will this help the gluten free diet?

S

sunsaver

I agree with bubblingbrooks. I used to think the whole gluten free thing was just in peoples heads, but it's not. I eat a low glycemic diet, simply by the nature of choosing whole foods over processed corn and chemical crude. Fruits, veggies, dairy, and meat. I eat almost no grains. If you stop eating corn chips for just 3 weeks, then eat a bag of cheese zappers, you'll realize that they taste the way Baton Rouge smells, like a chemical refinery. You'll probably get acid reflux and a buzz from the msg, which actully makes you hungry, so you just think all those weird chemicals taste good.

These days i find that one slice of wheat bread will zap all my energy for the rest of the day. And, I'd rather cut off my big toe than eat a cup cake. Those things will kill you!:sick

But nobody should feel guilty about what they eat. You eat to live, or in my case i live to eat, but you don't have to please anyone else. Once you start feeling better, and see how good real food tastes, you will no longer enjoy eating those bags of flour and toxic chemicals. :sick

Go online and search for Food Inc. Watch the documentary.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
farmersdaughter83 said:

So if I can acquire said "super milk" from my "ninja milking" how will this help the gluten free diet?
Better fats ;) You need calories.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
farmersdaughter83 said:

Better fats ;) You need calories.
And processed milk is just a bunch of nasty dead junk, that wreaks havoc on the body. Heart disease is not caused by good fats. Its caused by processed dairy, and fake oils.

Question. You used to drink raw? When did that stop? When did you start getting sick?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Great enzymes, healthy fat, bioavailable vitamins. Raw milk is very nutritious and healing...if you follow proper gathering procedures from a healthy cow.

As for pasta substitutes, here are my favorites....
Ribbon cut cabbage stir fried in butter OR sweet potato strips boiled until they get soft (but not mushy), drained and tossed with butter.

I love chicken and cream sauce with parm on the cabbage noodles.

farmersdaughter83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well lets see.... I was born and raised on a dairy farm, with 2 large gardens, and a can house/cellar full of home canned vegetables. Our flour came from a local mill down the road, as did our corn meal. We raised our own beef and pork. We purchased our cheese, cheddar & american sliced from the "supply guy" which brought our supplies for the farm, the cheeses were always made outside of a factory and possibly even semi-home made. The only thing we really purchased at the store was chicken, eggs, and some odd and end items.
I moved away from all of this when I was 18, (thought I knew it all) and thats when my problems began. First was my appendix, had to be removed about 4 months after moving out, then came the kidney problems, next was the miscarriages (5 total now), and along with all this came the anemia, the allergies, weight gain and swelling in my hands and feet.
I thought a few years back this could be my issue all along, I've slowly been working to get back to this type of lifestyle to were very little was purchased from the stores.
We now raise our own chickens for eggs and meat. We slaughter a cow/steer each year for beef. Sadly I haven't found an arrangement for my pork yet. We planted a decent sized garden this year, which I'm sure will produce some food, but not enough to carry us through till next year, so I will be purchasing some additional fruits and vegies from some local farmers markets. This was all planned for the last couple years it's just taken awhile to get it all in motion.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
farmersdaughter83 said:
For an idea of my average intake here was my meals yesterday:
Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast with homemade strawberry freezer jam (1/2 teaspoon each slice)
Lunch: 1 cup of rice, with mushrooms, and a few drops of soy sauce for taste. A small portion of cooked cabbage, (maybe a 1/2 cup).
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast sandwich, lettuce, tomato, 1 strip of bacon, 1 tspn of mayo, whole wheat bun.
Late to the party, but welcome! :)

And, some great advice above. Based on the above you are definitely running too high on the carbs and WAY too low on protein and good fats. And likely starving yourself, ergo the bigger tummy.

Additionally, start your day with protein.

Do you like eggs? (gazillions of things you can make with eggs!)

How about hot cereal? (Quinoa is a complete protein, and is an excellent morning meal if you soak it overnight and eat it with cream and a bit of maple syrup). Starting your day with protein is huge for your energy and hunger levels throughout the rest of the day.

Even peanut butter is a good way to go, if you aren't allergic--I'm trying to be more gluten-free as time goes on and I eat about 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter with apple slices for breakfast or snacks.

Bacon or sausage are typical breakfast meats, but don't be afraid to branch out and try something different. I will often have a "pizza wrap" for breakfast, with some nice salami or cervelat or even ham, a bit of cheese (I'm mildly lactose-intolerant so have to watch my dairy products), some tomato sauce, and a pile of veggies--whatever you have/like--wrapped up in a whole-wheat tortilla.

I'm a big proponent of lots of raw veggies with every meal and as snacks, because I have a weakness for crunchy salty snacks (chips) so crunchy tasty veggies help with that. I eat as many different colours as possible for a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Plus protein at every meal, even a little--keeps you going.

I'm mildly lactose-intolerant, but since getting my kefir grains a couple of months ago I've noticed that all the good stuff I'm putting into my gut is helping me to be able to tolerate dairy products more often. I've always been able to tolerate aged cheese and yogurt (I make my own so it's not full of thickeners and junk) but lately I can have small amounts of softer milder cheeses as well. (If anyone needs/wants kefir grains, mine are ready for dividing again so just let me know and I'll send you some--they are growing like crazy!)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
farmersdaughter83 said:
Well lets see.... I was born and raised on a dairy farm, with 2 large gardens, and a can house/cellar full of home canned vegetables. Our flour came from a local mill down the road, as did our corn meal. We raised our own beef and pork. We purchased our cheese, cheddar & american sliced from the "supply guy" which brought our supplies for the farm, the cheeses were always made outside of a factory and possibly even semi-home made. The only thing we really purchased at the store was chicken, eggs, and some odd and end items.
I moved away from all of this when I was 18, (thought I knew it all) and thats when my problems began. First was my appendix, had to be removed about 4 months after moving out, then came the kidney problems, next was the miscarriages (5 total now), and along with all this came the anemia, the allergies, weight gain and swelling in my hands and feet.
I thought a few years back this could be my issue all along, I've slowly been working to get back to this type of lifestyle to were very little was purchased from the stores.
We now raise our own chickens for eggs and meat. We slaughter a cow/steer each year for beef. Sadly I haven't found an arrangement for my pork yet. We planted a decent sized garden this year, which I'm sure will produce some food, but not enough to carry us through till next year, so I will be purchasing some additional fruits and vegies from some local farmers markets. This was all planned for the last couple years it's just taken awhile to get it all in motion.
Go read that book I linked for you for sure. That will help you understand what is going on.

FYI on the msc. I have had 7 total. Positive that all my problems started with Celiacs, which caused adrenal issues, and that in turn has caused my endocrine system to fail miserably.

Latest posts