animal emergency kits

Rozzie

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
ORChick said:
My little bantam chick didn't survive, and I'm not at all sure about her sister. The other 3, the standard chicks, are bouncing about as they ought. I'm feeling a bit down right now.
So sorry, ORChick...that's sad. :(

MsPony - where do you get your "mix"? At a feed store? Pet store that sells exotic birds?

As far as a kit goes, I do keep pretty much every needle-less syringe I get my hands on (like, when the vet gives you something to administer at home). But really, I have more things together for my dogs & cats than my birds. :/
If you are in need of more syringes (with or without needles) just go to a farm store. Tractor Supply has them, for sure. Most other large chain farm stores do, too. You can get pretty much whatever size you need, in whatever quantity you need. I keep assorted syringes on hand. Need to stock up a little more as I expect a day to come when they regulate our ability to purchase these ...

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We can't get needles, last time we tried at the store they wouldn't sell us them.

Ointments! Duh. Eye wash, would ointments.

I also live in a high fire/slide/earthquake area so I think ill carry a bag of feed since we have to evac often.

Latest posts