Animal miscarriage increase?

Have you noticed an increase in spontaneous abortions lately?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Haven’t paid attention

• Total voters

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After chemical abortions have become more prevalent I started noticing a huge increase in local and national livestock groups having animals spontaneously abort, at all different stages of development.
Not looking for a debate on abortion over here, let’s all remain friends and not dive into the fray, but the facts are over 600 women a day are taking chemical abortion pills. These same drugs cause abortions in animals too. There’s no way this isn’t going into our water.
I don’t know if I just happen to be seeing animals losing their young more frequently as of late or if it’s more common.

So the question here is: have you noticed an increase in animal miscarriages lately?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not personally with my sheep or locally with cattle. No more than usual.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
47 million people take hormone birth control pills daily in the USA. Yet in studies on mice they had to increase the water concentration of synthetic estrogens 1000x to affect fetal development. Pretty sure 600 people taking an abortion pill is not going to have any measurable effect on anything, anywhere. :)

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This past year there has been an increase in numbers of abnormal calves and sheep that have been posted by several members of a cattle forum I am on as well as some problems on BYH postings by members.

Don't know the reasoning or causes.....

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
47 million people take hormone birth control pills daily in the USA. Yet in studies on mice they had to increase the water concentration of synthetic estrogens 1000x to affect fetal development. Pretty sure 600 people taking an abortion pill is not going to have any measurable effect on anything, anywhere. :)
See, my thinking is that over 600 doses a day of medications is going to add up. Especially if our water treatment plants aren’t prepared for it.
As far as birth control, if I remember correctly, the body metabolizes and excretes excess estrogen differently than it would mifepristone and misoprostol. Namely because one is a sterol and the other contains a prostaglandin (miso). On top of that estrogen is a natural hormone, and mifepristone is a progesterone blocker. Because of these differences mifepristone might be staying in the water at a more dangerous rate.
But I might be totally wrong! That’s why I ask. At the very least, I hope water treatment facilities accommodate if there actually is a problem.
But interesting point. Although it would be interesting to measure any link between the widespread use of hormonal BC and early onset puberty. I know they’ve been trying to find why for years, and it would be interesting to see if it’s not just the food!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Early onset of puberty, look to the use of soy based baby formula.
Hmm. Good thing to look into. Who thought of feeding babies soy, seriously, who looked at waxy little green peas and said boom I shall raise my child on this. I know it’s raised a lot of people successfully. But it’s just weird to me.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was raised on soy milk. I couldn't handle mother's milk, so it was soy. I was also lactose intolerant, but didn't even know what that was until I was in Grad school.

I didn't even have early puberty. My first period was when I was 15.5. But then peri menopause started at 45. Now at 68, I still have the occasional hot flash.