annaraven - more random update stuph

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My parents always used the envelope method. I've never had the self discipline, and it was hard to adapt it to the ATM world. However, the system worked extremely well for them. They had drawers for "vacation"and "new car" included and always had everything beautifully planned and paid for.

Too bad they did not pass on this gene to me. :hide

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just got a delivery from Safeway - 50 pounds of potatoes to can. And a bunch of canned soup for the pantry.

We're currently working on refinancing. Hoping to cut our monthly mortgage payment by 1/3.

But right now, I'm sitting in front of a nice fire in the fireplace with the rain coming down outside. And feeling pretty happy with life.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
But right now, I'm sitting in front of a nice fire in the fireplace with the rain coming down outside. And feeling pretty happy with life.
Hard to beat that :D

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long... I cannot find my truck keys. Like, anywhere! I'm going to have to go through and crisis clean several rooms to try to find it. Of course, DS has an orthodontist appointment today...

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The day started out so well too... I have a big pot of soup on, and a batch of potatoes in the canner. I was even considering buying another canner so I could process the taters quicker.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Woohoo - I found them! And DH said I can get another canner. :celebrate

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'm glad you found your keys. About a year ago, we lost our set of keys for a vehicle for about a MONTH. That was pretty embarrassing.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And I scored some canning jars on sale at Walmart. Yay. OTOH, the "french fry slicer" I bought fell apart. So I exchanged it. The second one fell apart too. I'm bringing it back as soon as my batch of fries is done in the canner. I did manage to get two batches of french fries canned. Yay.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What a bizarre day.

A gunman shot 9 people - 3 dead, 6 wounded - at his employers at 4am this morning. 7am he tried to hijack a car (one of the 6 wounded). He's still "at large". Schools were on lockdown. DS18 and I made sure the shotgun was in easy reach today and that all the doors were locked.

DH turned 56 today. Just in time for the news that Steve Jobs has died, at age 56.

Just after DH got home from work, we got a call "this is the humane society and we have your cat, Rowdy. We'll be open til 8 so you can come pick him up." Apparently, someone saw him outside and brought him in. They checked his microchip and the humane society called us. Needless to say, he's home now.

So yeah. Weird day.

OTOH - DH's birthday dinner went well. Tagliatelle made with eggs from our chickens, ragu, bread, peach and berry pie, all homemade.

Latest posts