Another biopsy

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
My Dad has had 5 pre-cancerous lesions removed so far - just waiting for my time to come for that also. My skin is very fair and I sunburn so easily. I have had some really bad sunburns in my lifetime.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
My Dad has had 5 pre-cancerous lesions removed so far - just waiting for my time to come for that also. My skin is very fair and I sunburn so easily. I have had some really bad sunburns in my lifetime.
Thank you :hugs It's scary and horrible, but I'm so grateful at the same time that people like me and your dad can have these things identified and removed before they kill us. Are you getting your skin checked now and then? Mine was the result of getting sunburned a few times when I was young. Back then we thought it was just part of growing up…

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Like you said, identify it and get it removed. Life goes on and life is good. Go get it gone and come back home to your son and us too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm doing o.k. :) Wednesday was exhausting, not just from the surgery, but barely sleeping the night before and running around most of the day. I felt iffy yesterday and spent much of the day lying around, reading stuff and trying to wake up! lol I'm feeling much better today, I had a good night's sleep. My arm was sore yesterday, from my shoulder down to my forearm (surgery was on my upper arm), but so far today it's been fine. The doctor took out as little tissue as she could, to minimise scarring, which was really nice of her!

Results will be in 6-8 weeks… Long wait!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is a horribly long wait! Ugh! Glad you're feeling better!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's a very long wait, but I learned to put it out of my mind as best I can, until the results are due. Otherwise I'll drive myself crazy.

My attention span is a joke at the moment. I don't know if it's because I'm tired, but I struggle to concentrate on anything for longer than a minute or two.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm resting and relaxing as much as I can. Housework doesn't care about people needing time off though. I asked DS to do the dishes and clean the kitchen. Ended up doing it all myself after he managed to almost make a bigger mess than he started with.

I made sure I have plenty wine for the week ;) It's lovely to relax with in the evening.

Latest posts