Another good one from MEN

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I want one!!!! What a great root cellar this would make....now I have a REAL reason to save my feed sacks that are piling up....slowly.....in a box in my garage. I have just the location for it....in a year or two, I will hire a backhoe to dig out the "mound" of dirt and stumps from making my woods into pasture, and use the earthbag construction to finish the front of it. It will be SOOOOO COOL! Not as fancy as the one in the article....simple and blend in to the landscape is my goal.

Thanks for posting! I'll be saving this one! Because I don't come up with enough ideas for projects all by myself..... :rolleyes: :D

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty neat. I liked the idea whn I first saw it in TMEN. You don't have to earth berm it, of course; it can be plastered and whitewashed if you wish something less "hobbity."

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking of planting on it to make it blend in with my pasture. Think that will be ok? Won't make it break down?

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I was thinking of planting on it to make it blend in with my pasture. Think that will be ok? Won't make it break down?
Depends on what you plant it with. Stick some kudzu up there and it will last forever!